Propose to Win is a series where we imagine what value-centric sales proposals from real B2B SaaS companies might look like. In this edition, we do the illustrative exercise for ClickUp selling to Velox Media.
In this article
- What’s ClickUp?
- Decoding ClickUp’s value-selling model (illustrative)
- Outlining sections in a value-focused ClickUp proposal (because naked quotes must die!)
- Creating a new ClickUp proposal centered on value for Velox Media - Jump to live proposal!
ClickUp is a powerful project management and productivity platform that helps individuals and teams stay organized, collaborate effectively, and achieve their goals. It offers a wide range of features and tools designed to streamline task management, communication, and workflow automation. The company is headquartered in San Diego, California, United States.
Decoding ClickUp’s value model
ClickUp adapts the value of its solution to the context and objectives of the particular buyer -- business type, vertical, and use cases. We will build a value-centric sales proposal generation system for ClickUp -- and illustrate the results with a proposal for Velox Media.
ClickUp’s value proposition for a buyer = Buyer’s vertical x Buyer’s use case x Buyer’s company type
1. Buyer vertical: ClickUp differentiates its value proposition by the team or industry of the buyer they sell to, for example:
- Product Management
- Education, and more..
2. Buyer’s use case: ClickUp further differentiates its value proposition by the purpose or use case (buyer needs):
- Project management
- Personal work
- Remote work
- Event planning
- Business operations
- Website management
- Resource management
- Academic work
3. Buyer’s company type: Besides, ClickUp also tailors its value proposition by the maturity and the nature of the business buying its solution.
Outlining sections in a value-centric ClickUp proposal
To create a value-first ClickUp proposal, we will use the below proposal sections:
1. Proposal header: Stating what the proposal is all about: “ClickUp’s proposal to help [buyer] achieve [goal]”.
2. Executive summary: Here we will add a summary of the buyer’s context and goals as well as an overview of how ClickUp can help the buyer. This can be organized into further sub-sections:
- What we heard
- Buyer challenges
- Outcomes buyer expects
- How ClickUp can help
3. Solution: Here we will showcase ClickUp’s tailored offering. To make this effective, we will include textual descriptions as well as product visuals/videos to help the buyer visualize the proposed solution in their business context.
4. ROI: Here we will include estimated improvement in metrics influenced by ClickUp project management and productivity solution.
5. Quote: Here we will include the pricing structure for ClickUp’s proposed solution, along with a rough calculation by the number of users or other variables.
6. Proof points: For example, case studies relevant to the buyer’s industry and use case would be a great addition here. Other similar proof points include G2 reviews, testimonials, etc.
7. Next steps: To make the proposal actionable, we will include suggestions for the ideal next step in the buyer’s journey. For example, inviting them to set up project tracking in ClickUp for specific teams or critical projects.
Creating a new ClickUp proposal centered on value for Velox Media
Using the above information and value framework, let us now create a new ClickUp proposal for Velox Media, an ROI-focused performance marketing agency.
Let us assume Velox Media is a prospect for ClickUp and wants to reduce client project delays and improve project visibility. This gives us clues about how to apply ClickUp’s value-selling model for Velox Media:
ClickUp buyer: Velox Media [Illustrative]
Use case: Project management
Company type: Enterprise
Based on this information, here’s what a value-centric ClickUp proposal for Velox Media would look like - Experience the live proposal now.
P.S. With Superwin.ai, such personalized proposals can be automated. ClickUp would not need to create them afresh for each type of buyer.
Would you like to discuss how you can automatically create such CFO-ready proposals for your company?
Disclaimer: This is a demo exercise for our learning based on a hypothetical scenario. The information about ClickUp and Velox Media is not endorsed by them and may not be accurate.